Saturday, September 14, 2013

Scientific Method and a Freebie!

We like to start off our year in science by reviewing rules, tools, terms, and the scientific method. My kiddos especially loved using the scientific method this year to do all of the fun experiments! This science pack is great way to start out your science unit whether you use pieces and parts or the whole thing! You can check it out at our TPT store.


I also found a really cool G.O. that I intermixed with the one we use at Teacher's Take Out.
 I was so pleased that my kiddos picked up how to go through each of the steps so quickly this year! They really had a blast with all of the experiments. Check them out below:


Exploding Candy!
(I had to use the pic from the blog First Grader at Last because I forgot my phone and the camera I used decided to die on me! :(  
Much thanks to Sarah Cooley!)


Salt Art!

Dancing Raising!

The best part was I even had one of my little girls go home and do the experiment with her brother and mom!  I love when my kiddos are inspired to take what we’ve learned in the classroom and try it at home. :)


I feel like I've been working on my narrative writing pack FOREVER! Since it's taking me a bit...ok a lot longer than I intended I am including two freebie posters to get your kiddos started on narrative writing. You can check them out below. While your at our store please check out the opinion and informational writing packs that are finished. ;)
 
Have a great weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment