Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Classroom Happenings

Phew! I really have been meaning to post more freqently but it is just that time where EVERYTHING (grades, benchmark tests, meetings, in-services, bus duty, etc.) all come at the exact same time. I feel like I was lucky to have my plans ready for this week ;)

Anyways, I don't usually do 'themes' in my classroom, but I decided for this month to give it a try. Last week we spent a lot of time talking about New Years.

We used Cara Carroll's Happy New Year pack to review some important skills and had a blast!

Happy New Year! {Math & Literacy Freebies}

During math centers, we practiced our math facts and determining if a sum was more than, less than or greater than 12.



One of our word work stations this week was practicing ABC order as well.




We also reviewed parts of a letter by writing letters about our resolutions for 2013, thanks to Primary Paradise.


New Year’s Resolution Friendly Letter FREEBIE

And we practiced comparing and contrasting by reading various books about New Year's.




It has been a busy first week back from break. Check back to see what we are up to this week!



1 comments:

Post a Comment