Monday, March 11, 2013

Common Core Math I can Statments

We just began the daunting process of curriculum mapping for the new standards. Don’t get me wrong it’s very exciting to be looking at new ideas but it’s overwhelming at the same time. I was lucky to not only map with my teammates but also with a neighboring district. I wish I could do more collaborating with other districts….it’s neat to hear what others are using/doing to teach their kiddos math.

Mapping led me to create I can statements for math.  Included in the common core statements are:
-34 I can cards labeled with each standard
-Pictures to accompany each statement
-Kid friendly language
Check it out at our TPT store!



Hope you have a great week!  I'd love to hear what great ideas your using for the new common core math!

0 comments:

Post a Comment