It makes for a happy Tuesday when you sit down to do some blogging and notice you have been nominated for an award! Thanks to Regina from Keepin' It Krazy for sending the Leibster Award our way.
So in order to accept, we need to follow the 'rules' for the nomination:
1. Link back to the blog that nominated you.
2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 250 followers.
3. Answer questions posted for you by your nominator.
4. Share 11 random facts about yourself......(is it me or does that seem like alot?!)
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees.
6. Contact your nominees either through their blog or by email.
Here are the questions that were sent our way:
1. How long have you been teaching?
Val is heading into her 6th year of teaching and I'm headed into my 5th year.
2. What grades have you taught and which one is your favorite?
We have both only taught 2nd.....pretty easy to say which one we love the best!
3. Do you prefer to go into school early or stay late?
Early for sure. I love getting there when the halls are quiet and I don't have to wait in line for the copy machine!
4. What are your hobbies?
Aside from teaching, blogging and creating? Working out, reading, pinning lots of pins that I think I will actually try and of course, hanging with the hubs!
5. If you could travel anywhere, where would it be?
Honestly? I would love to go to Europe and spend weeks traveling through all of the different countries. I'm hoping to have enough saved by the time I retire ;)
6. When did you decide to be a teacher?
I was in 2nd grade myself. I had the most fabulous teacher and I wanted to be just like her.
7. How many siblings do you have?
3- 1 little sister and 2 little brothers (who are not so little any more.....)
8. What is your favorite subject to teach and why?
Depends on the day, depends on the lesson. I like all of them the best at one time or another.
9. What is your favorite food?
10. What is your favorite type of movie?
Either a good love story or a good comedy....depends on my mood.
11. What is your favorite part about blogging?
Getting so many great ideas from other wonderful teachers.
And for the random facts......
1. I have always lived in Ohio.
2. I did gymnastics for 18 years.
3. I'm born on the 4th of July....and I love it!
5. I have never broken a bone. (Knock on wood!)
6. I love my orange juice with lots of pulp. (I know, that usually grosses everyone out)
7. I didn't become a dog lover until the hubs and I got one back in college.
8. My first time leaving the country was on my honeymoon.
9. Some people are terrified of driving over bridges....I'm terrified of driving over train tracks.
10. I love thunderstorms!
Here are the questions for our nominees:
1. What grade do you teach?
2. What grade is your favorite to teach?
3. How long have you been blogging?
4. Do you have any pets?
5. Where was the last placed you vacationed?
6. Chocolate or vanilla?
7. What is your favorite season?
8. Have you always wanted to be a teacher?
9. What college did you graduate from?
10. If you could meet anyone famous, who would it be?
11. What is your favorite children's book?
And our nominees are....
Be sure to head over to their blogs and check them out!